Celebrate the arrival of your little one with a Name-giving ceremony or Blessing.
Why have a Naming Ceremony?
This ceremony is a very special way of celebrating the birth of your child and welcoming the new arrival into the family and the wider community. It's also an opportunity to declare, before family and friends, your promise to be as good a parent as you can, and for adult friends or relatives to confirm their special relationship with your child. It's a unique occasion for everyone to feel involved as they pledge their support for your child's development.
This ceremony is a fulfilling and meaningful experience for all concerned.
- Affirms family participation through Ceremony;
- Acknowledges Godparents;
- Establishes relationships;
- Formal welcome and introduction of your child into the family and community;
expression of joy, fulfillment and acceptance through
This is entirely up to you, your celebration can be simple or elaborate as you like. I will provide you with a Resource Pack containing choices, ideas and options. Choose the content options that appeal to you and we will use them to create a complete ceremony to meet your wishes
Ceremony Content Options
- Celebrant Introduction and Greeting
- Lighting the Naming Candle using decorated candle
- Readings/promises by supporting adults or godparents
- Naming of the baby using Circlet of Angels
- Parent’s ”Blessing” using Stole of Angels
- Godparent/guardian undertaking
- Parent’s Vows to your child
- Closing words
- Meaning and reasons for baby’s chosen name(s)
- Hopes for your child’s future
- Parent’s Vows to each other
- Grandparent’s promises
- In memory (to remember deceased family)
- Presentation of a gift/symbol/ritual of love to your Child.